PhD in Public Health
April 2013 to Present
Course is ongoing
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
September 2006 to June 2010
Research focus: Pharmacoepidemiology.
Topic: Prescribing Patterns and Drug Cost Implications among Diabetic Patients.
May 1995 to April 2000
Biochemistry and Chemistry, Second class honors.
WORKSHOPS & SHORT COURSES
Health Care Project Management: The Intersection of Strategy, People, and Process
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
July 2017 to July 2017
Gained experience with the steps involved in the project management process and adapt the stages to address the nuances within a variety of health care settings
• Use of case study exploration to examine how project management techniques can be leveraged as process improvement tools
• Identify and examine methods that maximize communication among audiences with a stake in project outcomes
• Learned and practiced strategies to navigate the interpersonal dynamics that emerge between and among the roles of clinical and administrative leaders/staff with specific focus on managing conflict and successful negotiation as it pertains to the project management arena.
Senior clinical research associate
July 2010 to July 2017
North Carolina, United States
Perform site selection, initiation, monitoring and close-out visits in accordance with contracted scope of work and good clinical practice.
Provide monitoring visits and site management for a variety of protocols, sites and therapeutic areas.
Administer protocol and related study training to assigned sites and establish regular lines of communication with the sites to manage ongoing project expectations and issues.
Evaluate the quality and integrity of study site practices related to the proper conduct of the protocol and adherence to the applicable regulations. Escalate quality issues to Clinical Team Lead (CTL) and /or line manager.
Manage the progress of assigned studies by tracking regulatory submissions and approvals, recruitment and enrollment, case report form (CRF) completion and submision, and data query generation and resolution.
Create and maintain appropriate documentation regarding site management, monitoring visit findings and action plans by submitting regular visit reports and other required study documentation.
May provide assistance to more less experienced clinical staff.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF)
February 2008 to January 2010
Development of HIV/AIDs program monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
• Field monitoring and technical backstopping to field staff
• Developing monitoring and evaluation databases
• Research execution and donor report writing
• Data analysis and presentation
• Prescribing Patterns and Drug cost Implications for Diabetic Patients in Eastern province, Kenya. Mwanza, patrick. Jomo Kenyatta University Post graduate School _ Book of Abstracts (2009).
Authors: Mwanza Patrick, 2010
Type of Doc: Thesis | Type of Publication: Other