"SAGA SANTE" is a health education project of the Health Service Delivery Community of Practice. The main communication channel is a Facebook page whose target audience is the general population of Francophone Africa.
"SAGA SANTE" is edited by a group of African public health practitioners, affiliated with the Health Service Delivery Community of Practice. The idea behind the creation of this page came to us during the Ebola outbreak of 2014-2015. We found out that incorrect messages about causes and treatments were circulating on social media. The information published on "SAGA SANTE" comes from reliable sources, validated by our team of medical doctors. The information is presented to the general public in an accessible formats and messages.
The impact of Saga Santé depends on the number of people who relay its messages. We are looking for "ambassadors", willing to relay our messages to their friends on Facebook.
Concretely, you will be invited to:
- Like the “Saga Santé” page
- Like as much as possible our messages (When you adhere to the message content)
- Share regularly messages from Saga Santé with your friends on Facebook
- Encourage your friends to do the same
Beyond this support, we also count on you to:
- Respond to people who leave a comment on “Saga Santé” page
- Suggest new topics to cover, or articles to share
- Give us your opinion about the global orientation of “Saga Sante”
Health is a field of action that concerns us all. As parents, citizens, members of associations, we can do something for the health of our loved ones, and of the community at large. Yet, at the present stage, we are looking for people already active in the field of health education in Francophone Africa. We will be more inclusive in 2017.